Happy Veterans Day! Joining us on this Veterans Day episode is Secretary Robert McDonald. Secretary McDonald, who prefers to be called "Bob," is an Army Veteran and former CEO of Procter & Gamble.
An Army veteran, Mr. McDonald served with the 82nd Airborne Division; completed Jungle, Arctic, and Desert Warfare training; and earned the Ranger tab, the Expert Infantryman Badge, and Senior Parachutist wings. Upon leaving military service, Captain McDonald was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal. Since joining VA, Secretary McDonald has led the Department in its ambitious transformational journey to be a world-class service provider and the No. 1 customer-service agency in the Federal government giving Veterans consistent, high-quality experiences.
Covered in Episode Four:
* The story of Medal of Honor recipient, Michael Fitzmaurice.
* Interview with Army Veteran Robert McDonald
* Bob's decision to join the military.
* Transitioning to Procter & Gamble.
* Could VA handle another influx of combat Veterans?
* Measuring the impact of his leadership after he leaves.
* How he uses his time most efficiently.
* His emotional response to Veteran homelessness
* The new Vets.gov portal.
* An ode to all Veterans
Click here for the full script of the episode.
The #VApodcast is now available in iTunes. Search “This Week at VA” in the Podcast app.